Wednesday, November 7, 2012

New Stock on the Rifle

October 2012

I ordered a new thumb hole stock from http://www.boydsgunstocks.com and it came in on 10/4.  It was supposed to be black/brown/rosewood laminate.  The style on the web site was called Royal Jacaranda and looked pretty cool.  Well the new stock came in on Thursday and wasn't the color I expected.  Instead of black/brown/rosewood it was grey/brown/pink.  That is ok if I was building a rifle for cancer awareness but to shoot prairie dogs and varmints in Wyoming with a bunch of guys, not so much.  Besides even though the color is cool at first the more I looked at it the uglier it got.

I called the factory and they said it was not supposed to be "pink".  They told me to send it back for full credit and pick out a color that was more accurate to the description.  I have a Forest Camo stock on the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment